In light of the evolving COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, MOA is temporarily closed to the public (effective Tuesday, March 17). This includes all tours, public programs and events, and school programs—as listed below.
While there have been no presumptive or confirmed cases of COV-19 at MOA, or at the University of British Columbia, MOA is closed in an abundance of caution, as we strive to be part of the local solution to this global situation.
The following is a listed of previously announced public programs and events that are now cancelled or postponed:
- March 28: Befriending Our Mortality Through Clay Workshop (registrations will be refunded)
- March 29: Playing with Fire curator tours
- April 2: Sounding the Collection: The Power of Poetry
- April 11: Creating By Reclaiming Workshop
- April 19: Call and Response Poetry Workshop (registrations will be refunded) — Coming soon ONLINE (details to follow)
- All school programs through the remainder of the 2019/2020 school year
- All private and group tour bookings through May 31
The current feature exhibition, Playing with Fire: Ceramics of the Extraordinary, will also end early due to the closure, and its run cannot be extended.
At MOA, our mission is to promote awareness and understanding of culturally diverse ways of knowing the world. We encourage you to keep culture, art and heritage in your daily lives, while you care for your well-being in these difficult times.
Find some of MOA’s online resources and activities compiled here.
We looking forward to welcoming you back to MOA soon!