Job Title: Museum Assistant—Admissions
Department: Museum of Anthropology
Salary: $14.61 (Hourly)
Full/Part Time: 12 – 18 hours/week
Closing Date: Ongoing
How to apply: submit your résumé and cover letter by email to email@example.com
The position is responsible for attending to the customers at the Museum. Responsibilities include processing admission, handling cash, answering questions and giving directions.
The position is under the direct supervision of the Manager of Administration. The position works with all staff, volunteers and students.
- Collects float box from Accounts Receivable office
- Counts cash float to make sure it reconciles with the count sheet
- Deposits the cash in the till at Admission’s Desk
- Replenish all the stock at Admission’s Desk and keep area tidy
- Regularly review bookings sheets to familiarize the number of school visits
- Provide excellent customer service in polite, pleasant manner
- Ring through the sale whether it is by cash, credit/debit card or on account
- Process memberships as needed
- Provide information to the customer
- At the end of the shift, close work station and reconcile the cash to Point of Sale
- Deposit the money in the safe in Shop Inventory room and deposit your box
The position is under the supervision of the Manager of Administration.
The primary work area is in the Lobby of the Museum. It is adequate though noisy at times.
- Graduate from high school
- Knowledge of business procedures and practices
- Position requires accuracy in computational skills and bookkeeping.
- Position involves work with numbers; ability to type with accuracy, point of sale skills
- Effective communication and organizational skills, ability to adapt to new systems and environment, and customer service.
- Works effectively under pressure.