Booking Your School Program
Subscribe to MOA’s School Programs E-news to receive regular updates on program availability, school workshops and professional development opportunities.
Please note: Fall 2022 school programs (in-person and live digital) for Fall 2022 are now fully booked. Stay tuned for Spring 2023 bookings.
When you are ready to book your program, please complete the online booking contact form. You will need the following information:
- Your program selection(s)
- Preferred dates and times
- Number of students (max. 30) and grade level
- School name and complete address, including postal code
- Your name, contact phone numbers and email address
- Number of adult supervisors (for in-person programs only)
- Whether or not you would like to book our lunch space (for in-person programs only)
- Your preferred video conferencing platform (for digital programs only)
Once you have completed and submitted the booking contact form, you will be contacted shortly by MOA Bookings to finalize your booking.
To book a featured workshop or event, please contact MOA Education directly at email@example.com
- In-person programs: The rate is $8.00 per student (admission to the Museum and taxes included) — free for Indigenous students — for regular school programs. Supervising adults and teachers are free. If you book two consecutive programs on the same day, the rate is $11.50 per student. Teachers must check in with the admissions desk to remit payment upon arrival.
- Digital programs: Regular live digital programs are a flat fee of $100 + GST. An invoice will be issued to your school after the scheduled program has taken place.
- Self-guided visits: Elementary and secondary school groups from BC of various sizes can pre-book a timed-entry, self-guided visit to explore the museum without a guided tour. Museum admission student rates apply to each student; groups of 10 or more students receive the discounted academic rate.
Arrival (in-person programs only): Please arrive 15 minutes in advance to ensure that your students get to enjoy the full duration of the program. Teachers must check in with the Admissions Desk upon arrival. In case of delay, call 604.822.3825.
Supervision (in-person programs only): We request one adult supervisor for every seven elementary students and one adult supervisor for every ten secondary students. We ask that supervisors help us ensure students behave in such a way that doesn’t disrupt others’ learning.
Parking (in-person programs only): Car parking is available in front of the Museum, for up to four hours, and across the street at the Rose Garden Parkade for hourly and daily rates—please consult UBC Parking for more information. Buses can park for free in the MOA lot.
Masks (in-person program, guided/self-guided tours): In accordance with UBC policies and provincial health mandates, masks are not required but strongly recommended indoors, including for children (K–12) and adult supervisors.
Pre-program check-in (digital programs only): The MOA Education team will arrange a time to call you using your preferred platform (Microsoft Teams or Zoom) a few days prior to your live digital component to test the connection and ensure prerequisite lessons will be completed before the live component.
- In-person programs: $50 per program will be charged if a cancellation notice is received less than two weeks prior to your scheduled program.
- Digital programs: $25 per program will be charged if a cancellation notice is received less than 10 days prior to your scheduled program.
For questions about school program bookings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 604.822.3825.
For more information on bringing your class to MOA, download the PDF.