Public Programs + Engagement Volunteer
The Public Programs and Engagement Committee consists of multiple dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers who are quick on their feet to greet visitors at MOA and provide them with a memorable experience. All volunteers work closely with the Curator of Public Programs.
The ideal volunteer should have an expression of interest for:
- Promoting events to relevant community groups and organizations
- Working directly with the Curator of Public Programs in the logistical production of family friendly public programs, including event set up/take down
- Greeting visitors
- Hosting participating artists at the museum
- Publicizing the event through distributing posters, rack cards, outreach and other creative forms of promotion
All new volunteers are required to attend all three sessions of MOA 101: Introductory Training Seminar. Dates will be announced during our active recruitment period. Training will continue with the Research Manager after MOA 101.
- Minimum two-year term
- 4-7 hours per event
- Be able to commit to the majority of events that take place during the year (usually Thursday evenings and weekends mornings)
- Attend to bi-monthly committee meetings
- Attendance at General Meetings for all volunteers which take place six times a year on Monday afternoons in September, November, January, March, April and June