Cultural Currents: A Journey in the Skeena and Nass Valleys
July 11 – 18, 2020
Join us for a spectacular 7-night trip in the Northern BC Skeena and Nass River Valleys with MOA Curator of Education, Dr. Jill Baird. This unique and intimate journey will explore living cultural traditions and treasures, unforgettable coastal and inland landscapes, and offer the opportunity to meet with and learn from outstanding Indigenous artists and community leaders. Experience this exclusive opportunity to be welcomed to Nisga’a, Gitxsan, Gitanyow, Haisla and Tsimshian (Ts’msyen) territories by those knowledge-holders and community representatives who actively work to support and adapt their traditions in contemporary and significant ways.
Click here for full details and to book your trip.
- Ancestral Modern: A Mini Journey in Whistler (January 2019)
- Marking the Infinite: A Journey in Australia (April 2019)
- Journey to Kwakwaka’wakw Territory (July 2018)
- Extraordinary Papua New Guinea (August 2017)
- Tastes of Portugal: Art, Architecture + Popular Culture (October 2015)
- Cuba’s Artistic Pulse (November 2014)